“) when you interact with our services.
This policy applies to all persons (“Users
”) who use any NAFA operated websites including, but not limited to, http://www.nafa.org and http://www.nafainstitute.org (the “Websites
”) and all other publicly available online services provided by NAFA (“Services
”) using any web browser from your computer, tablet, phone, or other appliances that can browse the Internet. (“Devices
Data we collect and how we collect it
We may collect and process the following Personal Information:
What Personal Information do we collect from you?
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Websites and when you report a problem with our Websites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, or payment information.
- Membership information, about your membership including your name, contact details such as address, phone number and email addresses, birthdate, job title, year of admission and any other information related to your membership. Membership information may be provided by you during the registration process, or by your employer on your behalf.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases made by members and non-members either in-person or via our Website. Purchase information will include payment information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
- Certification information, relating to certification programs, in which members are granted certification if they meet specified educational/employment experience requirements and/or pass required exams. This may include information about the experience/performance of those certified or accredited.
Each time you visit the Websites, we will automatically collect the following information:
What Personal Information about you do we collect from others?
- Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Location information that you permit your device to send us.
We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people that we believe will help us identify and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. We will obtain your consent before contacting you.
Do Not Track
- NAFA does not currently employ a process for responding to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers. As a result, third parties may be able to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when you use our Websites and Services.
You may opt out of online behavioral ads at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You also may limit certain tracking by disabling cookies in your web browser.
What we do with your data
NAFA will process your data, including Personal Information, to do the following:
If you are in the European Economic Area, please note that your data is being transferred outside of the EU, to the United States. The information will be used to contact you for the following purposes:
- To deliver or inform you about products/services/information that you have purchased
- To deliver or inform you about products/services/information provided as a part, or benefit of your membership
- To notify you of new member benefits added during your membership
- To inform you of when your membership is scheduled for renewal
- To offer you related NAFA services/products
- To notify you of partnerships and partner offers that may add value to your membership
We also use the data to have a better understanding of our audience, improve our marketing, and develop relevant new services/products. If you join NAFA as a member, your data will be shared with your local chapter to ensure that they can provide you with the products/services you have purchased when you joined the chapter during the membership enrollment process.
Your chapter may communicate with you separately from NAFA to inform you of your chapter membership benefits, products, services, and opportunities that are available to you.
One of your membership benefits is inclusion in the NAFA Member Directory. If you wish to restrict your inclusion in the member directory, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
to opt-out. Inclusion in this platform is one of the benefits included with your membership, but you may opt out at any time.
Disclosures For Legal Purposes
NAFA reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information or other information NAFA collects through its Websites and Services if NAFA is required to do so by law or if NAFA believes that the disclosure is necessary in order to (a) fulfill a government request; (b) to comply with legal process served on NAFA; (c) protect NAFA’s legal rights or property; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health or safety of the Users of the Websites, or the general public.
As a User of our Websites and Services, you may:
How long do we keep your data?
- have your data updated and amended if it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- restrict how, or if, your Personal Information is collected and/or processed
- know how long we keep your data
- ask us to erase your data at any point and be forgotten.
- ask us to provide details of your Personal Information data that we hold.
- You can do this by emailing us by contacting us using the contact information provided at the end of this policy. To protect your Personal Information, we will need to verify your identity before we can speak to you about the data or act on your instructions.
We will store your Personal Information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Information is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights. Consistent with these requirements, If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you service, contact us at email@example.com.
How your data is protected
NAFA secures your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. As with any data stored in a digital medium, there is no absolute guarantee of security. If you feel this not sufficient then please do not provide any Personal Information or let us know and we will securely dispose of the information.
How You Can Access and Change Information
NAFA acknowledges that you have the right to access your Personal Information by updating your account profile on nafa.org or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you request us to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. You can update or correct your Personal Information or remove it from our system by making a request to us at the contact information provided below. Requests typically receive a response within thirty (30) days. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, we will provide the requesting party with an estimated date by which the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation of why access has been denied.
Links to Third Party Sites and Services
Our Websites may contain links to third-party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service. NAFA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party provider including websites or services directly linked to our Websites or Services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party site that you link from our Websites or Services.
How to contact us
or call (609) 986-1060
Our Mailing address is:
NAFA Fleet Management 125 Village Boulevard, Suite 200, Princeton NJ, 08625
Last updated on September 17, 2018.